This script does the following:
- List of the current machine’s name based/stored on the target destination.
- Ask for the name of the new machine.
- Type of machines (Windows 2003 / Centos / etc…)
- Create the image based on the template’s machines.
- Register the vm into the Vsphere inventory.
- Asking you if you wish to start or not once created.
To use this one on your Esx(i), edit the file and replace some variables:
- Datastore source (where the template’s machines are available and stored)
- Datastore as target (where the target ‘s vm would be created).
- Source image name (templates) Folder’s name of your template.
– Memory set of the vms (ie: I have set 1GB for any type of vm created.)
I have recently found this Howto from the vmware’s community, this might help to review my script and add the choice with Datastore to wish to generate the clone.